Monday, March 13, 2006

24:50

Woo hoo! I was wondering how fast I could run 5k, and I got my answer. So the guy at work who "can't be beaten by a girl" is going to have to speed up from his 25 minute aim!

I actually ran 6k in under 30 minutes in total, which I was very pleased with. My immediate target for the spring is to get as close to (or under) 50 minutes for 10k as possible. That will then put me on target for a sub 4 hour marathon. In theory at least.

My 30 minute 6k was at the pace I need to run to do that. I figure that if I can run 6k at that pace, it should be possible to run 10k that fast with a bit of training. It's not like I'm just running that pace as short intervals, 30 minutes is quite a sustained spell so I just need to stretch it out for a bit longer. I'm confident I can do it. Maybe not in my next 10k which is apparently a "challenging" course, but at some point between now and June.

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Woo hoo! Sexist Guy will be eating your dust.

I can't believe how fast you progress. It's astounding. (I've just passed my first anniversary of starting running and am hoping to be able to run for 25 minutes without stopping by the end of the month. I don't train as often as you, admittedly.)

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home