Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Just Say No...

I had to turn down a fantastic looking charity place in the Great North Run today. Various people I know are getting together to do it for the rugby charity I've done some stuff for before, with guaranteed places, a celebrity money, hotel, kit, meals etc. I'd really have loved to do it, but there are limits to a girl's stamina.

The week after Berlin would not, I suspect, have been a good idea. So reluctantly I'm passing on it, but I really do want to run the Great North Run some time, even if it is slow and busy and not a PB course, I'm sure it's a fantastic experience, the best you'll get for a half marathon.

Maybe next year?

The funny thing though was that the bloke who's organising it and a couple of the people considering running it were asking me for advice! I keep on forgetting that I'm a runner now and that I do actually know stuff about this. It's nice that people think I know what I'm talking about though!

I'm back on a bit more of a training plan this week after a week of tapering and a week of recovery. I'm trying to stick to my schedule of Tuesday hills and Thursday speedwork with an easy run on Saturday and a long run or race on Sunday. I will probably have to be a bit more structured once I start the marathon training, following a proper plan that mixes things up a bit more, but for now at least it means I can remember what I'm doing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home