Saturday, March 04, 2006

Hotel. Check.

I've booked a Berlin hotel now, which is the last stage in my logistical preparations. With 30,000 or so runners due to run the race I wanted to make sure I got something decent early, with a pool for me to collapse into after the race to soothe those legs. So we're staying in the Berlin Hilton, and I'm looking more and more committed by the day.

I signed up for another 10k last night. I'd had a little wine, I was perusing the web and one thing led to another. Oops... It's at the end of April so nicely spaced between the Cancer Research 10k and the Blackpool half, and it will keep me ticking over with my rnning.

I'm really starting to wonder whether I should join a running club. Every proper race I enter (not some of the charity ones) charges me £2 extra for insurance because I'm not a member of a running club. Given that membership at my local club is about £12 per year that's money that I could fairly easily make up over the course of the year. Except then they have rules like having to wear a club vest when you do runs, which would mean that I'd have to buy a club vest, and I kind of like being able to wear what I want, stuff I feel comfortable in. It would be nice to have a membership card though so I could show people and say "look! I'm a runner!"

I'm having a lazy day today. It's beautiful outside, clear blue sky and crisp(ish) white show. It looks fantastic. But I know that it's also very cold, and that the pavements are still covered in ice and snow (or at least they were when I went out earlier), and not ideal for running on. On the basis that I ran more than I was intending to during the week, and I don't want to burn myself out, I think that a rest day might be well deserved.

Except I'm still considering going for a run either outside or on the treadmill later today if I start to feel a bit more like doing it, but I'm not going to force myself to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home