Sunday, January 14, 2007

Feeling Good

I haven't posted on here for an age, but I have still been running, just about. The first week in GC was slack by my standards when I'm in the UK, but still the best I've run out there, with three three mile trots along the sea front on back. In the second week I managed to make two of my runs twice round trips, to give a total of about 15 miles for the week. Nothing stunning, but ticking over.

Since I got back I've been quite pleased with my running though. I've managed no fewer than 2 12.4 mile runs in the past week, and today it felt really good. At a guess I'd say that it was not only my longest run since Berlin (other than Amsterdam half), but the furthest I've run without a walk break for a long long time. Possibly since last February. I'm not joking there. In the run up to Berlin nearly all my long runs seemed to involve walk breaks. that's not necessarily a bad thing, but as my aim this time round is to run the marathon rather than simply complete it, I'm really trying to work on the idea of keeping going, even if that means dropping my pace a bit. I was also pretty happy with my run because I did it in brand new shoes, and I figure that if I could run OK in them today out of the box they'll be OK after another couple of runs in the Brass Monkey next Sunday.

Why did I think that doing a half in January was a good idea? Still, it's got me back on the wagon nice and quickly after getting back from Spain, so it can't be a bad thing. I just hope it doesn't snow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home