Friday, December 01, 2006

Cassie

There are a couple of people at running club I'm starting to use to measure my process by. Someone who's just a little slower than me, and Cassie. Keeping up with Cassie is the target. She's probably the one who's thought of as the "fast girl", and ran London last year in under 4 hours. She won the female member of the year award last year too.

But here's the interesting thing. She set a new 10k PB in the race on Sunday. And her new PB is... slower than mine. Proof that I can run at the speed she's running at now, the speed that scares me slightly as she hares off on training runs leaving me trailing. The question is just how I get back to that speed.

And actually, I'm getting there. I'm getting into the habit of a weekly 30 minute speed session on the treadmill, and this morning I seemed to find it a lot more manageable than previously, even though I notched the speed up a bit more. The time I ran in the 10k was faster than I expected after Amsterdam. I'm getting there.

Cassie, I'm coming to get you.

-----------------

I'm still pondering whether to sign up for Edinburgh. I like the idea, although something's cropped up on the Saturday that I'd have to miss if I do the marathon. I'm also still not 100% sure I won't get a London place, there's still the chance of the club ballot, a competition I'm entering, and a place for XIII Heroes if they've got any. And I also want to do the full in Amsterdam in October, which would mean two marathons next year if I do Edinburgh too. I almost filled in the form today, then chickened out. We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home