Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A break, and then back to it

I ran 3 miles last week. November is looking to be a very low mileage month, with holidays and illness and general laziness taking hold. It's not awful by any means, but it's slipping a bit and I need to start perking myself up again.

Still, last night I did the club 10k route over 2 minutes faster than the last time I ran it (and the last time I thought I'd had a pretty decent run) and I'm getting closer and closer to the middle group with every run. So it's not all bad and lazy.

I'm worried about tomorrow though, we're meant to be doing a time trial, which I've never done before. I think they set the slowest off first, with the aim that everyone finishes at roughly the same time. I'm just hoping they don't think I'm faster than I actually am and set me off too late!

Then after that it's the Abbey Dash on Sunday. Finally I'll get to repeat a race I did last year. Last year I managed to finish in 59:19, and I'm pretty sure I'll beat that. I'm equally sure I won't get close to my Rothwell time. I'd be happy with anything under 55 minutes I think, 54 or 53 might be realistic. But more importantly I want to run all the way, which would be something I haven't managed in a race since... well, Rothwell, probably. Admittedly most of my races since then have been longer, or hotter (or both!), but I just want to get that confidence of sticking it out. I know I can run 6 miles, but if I go off too fast I could end up sabotaging myself again. I really MUST control my run and not stop for walk breaks. MUST MUST MUST.

In vaguely running related news, I'm currently amused by the fact that I've bought a new running top (in Spain) which says "XS" on the label. It's been a while since I had an X on my labels, and it's nice for it to be at the other end of the scale! And I've now got hold of my North of England Athletics Association number - does that mean I'm officially an Athlete?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home