Friday, December 22, 2006

London 2008?

By my calculations I should have a very good chance of running London in 2008. As I suspected I wasn't in the running this year really (which I'm kind of gutted about because the three who got the places would be a lovely group to train with), but next year I'll tick all the boxes. Member for more than a year, run races for the club, never run London before, and particularly not on a club place. If it's anything like this year, only three people filled all the criteria and were guaranteed to be in without any need to draw names out of a hat. Fingers crossed it works the same way next year.

So that's my goal for 2008, in terms of what I want to do in 2007, running wise...

1. Edinburgh.
2. Amsterdam - two marathons in a year? It's possible, but I might leave it for a while before committing myself properly.
3. Some PBs, but I'm not sure at what distance. I might not top that 10k PB just yet (although you never know), but I'm hoping that the marathon PB is very breakable.
4. Settling into the club and running more races for them. Maybe even another bash at cross country (I think my shoes are dry now!)
5. Monthly mileage over 100 miles per month. Edging closer to 30 miles per week than 25? And beating my yearly total for this year (currently about 1225 miles, with scope for a few more before the end of the year).
6. Most importantly, ENJOYING IT!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I've just stumbled across your blog and will be back! I think you'll be able to take a chunk off your 1/2 pb given your other results- congrats on the amazing 10k time!

Best wishes for '07..

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home