Saturday, March 25, 2006

Racing...

I have a plan. I have recently become aware that it is possible for me to finish fairly high up in terms of womens placings. While I'm not expecting to win prizes, it seems to me that if I pick the right events I might just manage it one day. So with that in mind I've just found out about a very badly publicised 5k in my local park in two weeks time. It's on the same day as a bigger local race which will hopefully cream off those people who run with the running club who organise that one as well as the more serious local runners who aren't members. I'd be running round the park that day anyway, so what the hell. I'm going to race it, not just run it. If I don't win anything I've not lost anything, but you never know unless you try...

I've also got a 10k race next weekend (although that one is a charity run that doesn't have official times or placings) so it's a busy spell for me at the moment. Still, I did a longer slower run today, 10 miles at a 9 minute mile pace, so hopefully I'm managing to keep up my endurance at the same time as working on my speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home