Monday, February 06, 2006

4:10:41

I ran 26.2 miles in 4:10:41!!!

Sadly, I ran it in four separate sessions over 5 days, but that's still progress. I didn't actually realise when I decided to run 10k this morning that having already notched up 20 miles this month I'd hit marathon distance, but it's nice to see that number on my training log. I set myself a target of 100 miles for the month, so I'm a quarter of the way there already (although I've done the second longest run of the month so need to be a bit ahead to make up for tapering and the like before the half marathon).

Yesterday I also realised just how far 26.2 miles is in one go. I could have worked it out for myself, but it's the sort of distance that takes nearly half an hour even if you're driving at 60mph. Eek! I was driving over to Manchester and I got a long way towards the airport by the time I hit 26.2.

I'm sure it is possible, but maybe I'd rather not think about just how far it is yet!

I had a good run this morning anyway, 10k on level 4 hills in 58:15. That's actually the fastest I've ever run 10k even though I wasn't aiming for a fast time, just a speed that I could comfortably maintain on the hills. That really does show how far I've come since the start of the year!

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I am stunned. That's amazing! And I think your 10K time is very impressive too. (In fact, as you can see, it's reduced me to near-speechlessness.)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home