Monday, September 18, 2006

M - 6: And today's obsession is...

Well, there are three. First the weather, which is looking worryingly good. To be quite honest, cool weather with light rain would do me nicely, but it seems that it might be *shock* warm and sunny. That could make things interesting, as I certainly won't be done before the heat of the day hits...

The second obsession was packing lists, having realised that I'd missed things off again. Most notably swimming stuff - despite having deliberately booked a hotel with a pool in case I wanted to give my weary legs a soak after the run or on Monday morning. More shockingly, I had exactly the same plan for the 10k I did in London and forgot my swimming stuff that time, and I had to make an emergency purchase in Top Shop.

And finally, I've tracked down a list of free wifi hotspots in bars and restaurants and the like. There is wifi at the hotel, but I suspect that it will be horrendously expensive, so my plan for Sunday evening (at least before the Marathon Party - if I'm still standing by then) is to find somewhere to get something to eat, something to drink, and type up a race report for all you nice people out there. I'm no novice to the solo travelling thing, but having the laptop and typing away will make me feel a bit less exposed anyway, and if I can find a bar that will let me surf away free then that's sounding more and more like a plan. Some of the ones I've found have websites and menus and the like online, and look like perfectly pleasant places to sit down and rehydrate with vodka and red wine...

4 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

oooooh if there's any excuse for booze then it'd have to be running a bloody marathon :)

at least being vegie now you won't be tempted by those enormous german sausages... i had one with the most ridiculously huge pile of mash in berlin and didn't need to eat again for a day which is really rare for me... hehe. wish we could all come over and cheer you on! can't believe the big day is nearly here... what a ride.

10:13 PM  
Blogger LBTEPA said...

Good luck!!
been following your determined training all along - and looking forward to your race report :)

12:35 AM  
Blogger Ruune said...

I started reading this blog several months ago and have been really enjoying hearing about your preparations for the big day. Just wanted to drop in and say good luck.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Junie B said...

i cant wait to hear all about it !!!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home