Monday, September 11, 2006

The final countdown: M - 13

The real coundown has started. Less than a fortnight to go!

A couple of updates. First, the bad. My foot hurts. I don't know why, I've reduced my mileage and it's not done anything too strenuous, but it definitely hurts - and it's been hurting since late Friday/early Saturday. It feels very much like it did when I had inflamed metatarsals back in April 2005, other than the blissful fact that it feels nowhere near as bad. That fixed itself in a week or so, so I'm not panicing just yet, but this isn't a good development. I don't know whether to run on it on the basis that I can, and I don't want to lose too much fitness, or whether to let it rest a while yet. I'll see how it feels in the morning. Rest seems like a good option at the moment.

Second, the obsessive. The list writing phase has started. I'm starting to write lists of everything. What I need to pack, what I need to put in my bag on the day, what I'm going to eat, and when, if I can think of a list to write, I'll write it. I really don't want to leave anything to chance. I have a couple more important jobs to do (parking at the airport and phoning my travel insurance company to see whether the exclusion relating to "professional or organised sport" applies to marathons run strictly as an amateur. Not professional, but definitely organised.

I'm going to try to update this blog a little more often in the countdown to the big day. After all, now I'm not running I've got more time for obsessing and blogging!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

oooh sweet... not long now! hope your foot is on the mend soon!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home