Sunday, September 17, 2006

ONE WEEK TO GO! (The name question)

I had a good 8 mile run today. OK, so I'm tapering and I'm not running that far, but it still felt a lot easier than a lot of the runs I've been doing recently, and I'm getting back to speeds that I'd been aiming to hit on that sort of run earlier on in my training. Maybe things will come good in the end after all.

Today's big question has turned out to be should I or shouldn't I write my name on my top on Sunday? Part of me wants to, thinking that I need every bit of support I can muster (even if I can't understand a word of it...), but I've read posts from people saying that it's OK if you're going well, but if you start to falter, hearing your name is the last thing you need. Also (and I know this is really pathetic) at the moment it looks like I'll be running wearing my favourite Sweaty Betty top, and I don't want to ruin it by writing my name on it.

Maybe I'll just put a laundry marker in the case and see how I feel on the day?

1 Comments:

Blogger JessiferSeabs said...

Can you somehow attach a sign to your shirt, or write it on your number?

I watched a marathon for the first time last year and was amazed by how supportive everbody was... I thought it was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen. My brother was running in the marathon, and it was my birthday, and he wrote on his shirt "Happy Birthday Jess!" so people were yelling happy birthday all day, it was so cool.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home