Tuesday, January 15, 2008

YP's compendium of bizarre running injuries

I'm lucky, I've never had a proper running injury. My knees remain intact, my ankles have been fairly strong since I started running, and my shoes don't give me blisters.

But as for the rest of my kit, it seems intent to injure me. Not in the normal places, my nipples are fine. But that doesn't excuse

Chaffed Arse. Well, the small of my back, but arse sounds more dramatic. Develops on long runs when I put something in the back pocket of my tights or shorts.

Chaffed stomach. No apparent reason for this one. I mean, I know I put on a bit of weight over Christmas, but I thought that lycra stretched...

Zip related ankle injury. Yup, the zip on my running tights rubbed my ankle and broke the skin. Which means that in the dead of winter I'm running in capris so I don't aggravate it while it heals.

Garmin wrist. Apparently I'm not the only sufferer of this one, but my new Garmin has given me a huge and painful bruise on my wrist. Advice seems to be that wearing a sweatband under it should resolve the problem. But no doubt the sweatband will then gang up with the rest of my kit and decide to chafe.

Pass the vaseline.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellie80 said...

hehe - the sweat band definitely works for the garmin bruise - as does time 'in the saddle' so to speak! Its still the best thing ever!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home