Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hah

I've written before about the first time I really tried to run. I signed up for a 1 mile race in my local park. Although I finished in what was actually a fairly respectable time for a 260lb lump (about 11:30), I was mortified that while I was walking up a hill, I was overtaken by a local tv presenter who was, should we say, not in the first flush of youth, and who was pushing a pram.

Well, he did the same race as me today. 2:14. I finished in 49 minutes. I can run a half marathon faster than that (in fact I've never run one slower) Hah.

(Ok, he may have had a good reason for walking (?), but I still beat him. By a long way).

Hah.

(Also, just to show how many walkers there must have been, I finished 641/6076 overall based on chip time - almost top 10%, and 84/1998 - based on gun time - in FSEN, which is top 5%. bearing in mind I ran slower than normal, it just shows the standard of the field I suppose).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home