Saturday, May 19, 2007

Planning

I think I've decided about pacing at least. In theory I'm not going to go with a pace group in Edinburgh. I've thought about various permutations, and think the best pace for me is actually somewhere between the two. If I feel it's going well after the first half, I can always pick it up a bit, and if I don't I'll be glad I didn't go out with the faster group. The first 6 miles is downhill so it could be tricky not to get carried away. I've actually started writing out a race plan to look at during the week. The slower group is a bit slower than 9 minute miles, I can't remember the exact numbers. I worked out that if I run 9 minute miles I'd be a couple of minutes ahead of them at half way, my target is to stick somewhere between 8:45 and 9 until I see how my legs feel.

I think. I've still got a week to ponder a bit more about how my legs feel and what I think I'm capable of.

I had to stop myself from going on a complete carb spree in Tescos earlier. I managed to get out with a huge loaf of multigrain bread, malt loaf and oatcakes. Although I will be going back during the week for flapjack and other essential supplies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home