Friday, May 19, 2006

Postponement

If you're a devoted follower of the side bar you may be expecting some race updates from my Wednesday 5k and a preview of my Sunday half marathon. Well, things don't always go to plan.

First the half marathon. I only sent off my cheque the day before the closing date, and I didn't hear anything for ages. My cheque wasn't cashed, and I guess I knew deep down that I hadn't got a place. Sure enough, when I got back from holiday I had a letter saying that it had filled up before the closing date and I didn't have a place.

But, that may well be a good thing, because running 13 miles on Sunday isn't something I fancy right now. This week has been manic. Since I got back off holiday on Saturday evening I've hardly had a spare moment, and I've worked late pretty much every night. I worked late on Wednesday and missed my 5k (given the rain I'm not entirely gutted, but it's still an event with a lovely atmosphere, and the first race I really did, so I'd have liked to have gone anyway). I did manage to get some pre work runs in on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, but I couldn't manage the post work race.

Anyway, I have a place in my back up half marathon in a couple of weeks (although I realised shortly after entering that it's at 9am in Blackpool the morning after a friend's housewarming party, so I'm actually consider deferring my entry and not doing a half at this stage of the year). And I'm still getting my training runs in. Not to mention the big 10k in London in a couple of weeks which I'm really looking forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home