Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm in!

Good grief, I never realised that signing up was so complicated. What a list of options. Do you want a running shirt, a finishing t-shirt, an engraved medal, bus tickets, tour tickets, how many plates of pasta? The list was endless. I hadn't realised the whole thing would be so complicated. There am I naively thinking pay your 50 euros and that's it, but there's such a choice of options.

In the end I restrained myself. In a fit of optimism I decided to get a finishers t-shirt and my name engraved on my medal. Then I can't be accused of stealing someone else's. This does show a degree of optimism that I'll finish, but hey, optimism needs to rule round here or I'd get too daunted by the size of the task.

Repeat after me, I will finish, even if I have to crawl over the line several days later.

I'll leave the rest. I'm sure that I'll be able to buy most of it (and more besides) when I get there if I decide I want it, and the important thing was to get the registration fee paid rather than worrying about the details. I don't want to buy a top to run in that I only pick up the day before and don't wear on runs before the big day, and I don't want to commit myself to sightseeing tours when all I might want to do is sit down somewhere and rest my legs (before AND after). I may never want to see Berlin again once I'm round!

So I'm signed up and the flight's booked. I guess that's me in then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Junie B said...

Yay!! you are official!!

And the finisher's shirt is what you need for sure!!

And dont worry, you WILL finish!!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home