Monday, March 12, 2007

Points don't mean prizes

A bit of good news following on from the race on Saturday. Apparently the club ladies team came 3rd overall! Helped in no small part by my participation (I'm not sure whether it's the first 3 or the first 4 who count, but I was the third from my club to finish so would count either way). We don't actually win anything, but it's the closest I'm going to get to winning anything anytime soon, so I'll bask in the glory for a while.

Incidentally, I was a bit off my 20% target and managed to scrape into the top 35%. Not too shabby, but not where I want to be. Although based on a conversation in the toilet queue that's not too bad for that race - we were discussing how normally at races you size people up and there are a fair few who will be slower than you, but at this one everyone just looked so fit - I don't think it's a race many inexperienced runners would dare try! (And looking at the results - only three unaffiliated women finished ahead of me as a sign of how "clubby" it was).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home